HomeTechnical Support » General Questions

Anything Else

PrintBoss and MACs Messages in this topic - RSS

paula
Administrator

9/21/2011
paula
Administrator
While Wellspring is not generally in the business of Mac support, here are a few tips from a friend that does.

There are a couple of options for saving information from VM Ware on a Mac. First, you can back up the entire Virtual Machine that resides on the Mac. It is typically located in the user’s Documents folder. You may only see 1 file, but through Shared Folders you will see the Windows folder (whatever it is named) with all the files. This entire folder should be saved to an external source in the event the hard drive of the user’s computer crashes.

Another option is to click the ‘Take a Snapshot’ button at the top of the VM Ware window. This saves the exact state of the virtual machine in the Virtual Machine folder on the Mac so it can be restored later using the ‘Rollback’ button. This backup is useful if a file is accidentally deleted from the virtual machine and can be easily restored.

It is also possible to save key files to a location in the Shared Folder. However, this is a manual copy as the files need to reside in the Windows Virtual Machine to be used on a daily basis. They cannot be used from the Shared Folder.

We recommend that the entire PrintBoss folder be backed up regularly, whether it is in a Virtual Machine or not. Please see the Wellspring Forum post “Technical Support » General Questions » Recovering PrintBoss from backup” for additional information.
0 link
lautry

9/17/2011
lautry
I run PrintBoss on VM Ware on my Mac using QuickBooks for Windows. Everything is going fine so far. I just realized all of the files are on the Windows side on the C: drive. When I back up my Mac these files are not included. How is best to be sure that they are included in a back up? Should I move them to the Shared Documents on VM Ware? Will the move cause any problems?
0 link
Nancy
Administrator

9/14/2011
Nancy
Administrator
As a Windows-based software package, PrintBoss can run in a Windows virtual machine on a MAC. However, the Accounting Software (for example QuickBooks for Windows) must also be running in the virtual machine.
0 link