HomeTechnical Support » E-mailing

E-mailing

Email Body/Message variable issue Messages in this topic - RSS

raylward102

1/16/2019
raylward102
I have solved the issue.
The {DocRecip} variable in the PrintBoss email settings, will not be referenced as {DocRecip} in the associated crystal report file. Open the crystal report file, toggle field explorer from the 'View' menu; Once Field explorer is docked, expand 'Formula Fields' tree and locate 'PrintBossRecip' field. Edit field, choosing the appropriate sources from within the document; In our case, we replaced the stock source: {@OEINVH_CUSTOMER}; with Trim({@BilComp})
0 link
Nancy
Administrator

1/16/2019
Nancy
Administrator
First thing to do is to import the newer Sage SPECs from the updated PrintBoss folder and test the correct forms for the version of Sage you now have.
0 link
raylward102

1/16/2019
raylward102
PrintBoss Version 5.73.6 Enterprise edition
We recently upgraded our accounting system; SAGEv5.5 to SAGE300-2018. In printboss application, under options>>E-mail settings>>Subject & Message Body, there's a variable {DocRecip}, referenced in the body text, which previously (in old SAGEv5.5) would populate the customers name. Since moving to SAGE300-2018, this variable is now populating with the customer number. I did call technical support, but they eluded to my having to edit the applicable crystal report (no assistance for this because it's not there product), print boss trigger; I did investigate the applicable crystal report print boss trigger, but am finding no real obvious way to adjust where {DocRecip} is getting it's data from. Any assistance would be helpful.
0 link