HomeTechnical Support » Sage 300 ERP

(fka Sage Accpac ERP)

Sage300/Accpac defaults to "PrintBoss 50" driver Messages in this topic - RSS

peterwong

1/30/2020
peterwong
Hello Nancy,

Paula did provide me with some suggestions thru email but unsuccessful.

Root cause UNKNOWN but is specific to terminal server (RDS) environment.
Not sure why but I suspected Windows Servers 2016 or higher requires an actual printer drivers installed on RDS environments.
The reason RDS sessions default to PrintBoss 50 because it was on the server as a printer driver.
Please note: my assessment requires additional testing to be sure.

Our client's RDS server doesn't have any printer drivers install on it except for PrintBoss and MS PDF driver.

Base on Paula's suggestions to try, I discovered a workaround to bypass PrintBoss 50 as default printer in RDS.
The workaround is to change default printer on RDS session from a mapped printer to "MS PDF printer driver"; even though, RDS sees the mapped printer as the default printer.

Please note: After applying the workaround, RDS was smart enough to change default printer back to mapped printer but Sage300 no longer tags PrintBoss 50 as the default printer during printing.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, Peter
0 link
Nancy
Administrator

1/28/2020
Nancy
Administrator
Likely, though I don't know for sure, it is because it was the last printer used by the Crystal report.
0 link
peterwong

1/27/2020
peterwong
Attention support:

Do you have any idea why Sage300/Accpac automatically selects (defaults) "PrintBoss 50" driver on an RDS server environment?

RDS server:
Sage 300 2020 PU1 (Accpac v6.7)
PrintBoss v6.10.4
Windows Server 2019
Let Windows manage my default printer - NOT selected (checked)

Please see attach image for details.

Thanks,
Peter Wong
The Answer Company
pwong@theanswerco.com

0 link