HomeTechnical Support

Technical Support Questions

Server Migration Registration Messages in this topic - RSS

SteelWave

11/28/2022
SteelWave
Brian - thanks for the hints. I copied everything over and re-ran the install. After manually setting up the shared folder and giving the user that prints checks permissions to the folders everything is working properly. Appreciate the assistance.
0 link
Brian
Administrator

11/22/2022
Brian
Administrator
Generally, what you want to do in this situation is to copy the entire PrintBoss home directory from the old server to the new one; that should keep the banks, forms, license, etc. all in place. Then run the setup program as a workstation install pointing at that folder on any systems that need to use PrintBoss (including the server itself, if necessary.)

You could also just copy the license file from the original PrintBoss folder into the one you're currently using and that should also take care of the activation.

--
Wellspring Software
Support Technician
0 link
SteelWave

11/22/2022
SteelWave
We've been using PrintBoss since 2016. It's time to retire the server that we originally installed the software on. I have a new server that I installed our accounting system on and was able to install PrintBoss. The PrintBoss system will not let me use the registration code I used for our original server - it gives me a message that says this code has already been used. We're converting from the old server to the new one in three days. Do I need to unregister the old install to register the new one? I searched the documentation but could not find this topic.

Thanks for your help with this
0 link