HomeTechnical Support » Positive Pay Files

Positive Pay Files

PosPayFileCounter Messages in this topic - RSS

paula
Administrator

3/8/2012
paula
Administrator
The max number of counters that have been requested to date is 2. PrintBoss has the PosPayFileCounter, and version 5.71.3 also has a PosPaySeqNo (Sequence Number) that can be used for a separate positive pay file. Both are located in the PrintBoss Home Directory, so there is currently no way to use either for more than one bank. The PosPayFileCounter can be manually reset before printing by adjusting the current value. It is located at the root of the PosPay folder in the PosPayCounters.ini file. This should be the first value in the list and is called Counter.

When the PosPaySeqNo is used, a new section is added towards the bottom of the list called SequenceNumber.
0 link
Tom

3/1/2012
Tom
Can I have multiple Counters set up? We have several banks in PrintBoss and each bank has a separate counter. Files generated by each bank should be countered independently.
0 link
paula
Administrator

2/21/2012
paula
Administrator
The PosPayFileCounter value is saved in the PosPayCounters.ini file in the PosPay folder of the PrintBoss Home Directory. This ini file can be opened in any plain text editor and changed. The value to change is Counter = . Then save your change before exiting.

There have been changes to the counter over the last year, so it is important to use a current version of PrintBoss for this to work correctly.
0 link
Tom

2/21/2012
Tom
I need to create a file counter for positive pay script. However, we have already generated PP files outside PrintBoss. How do I change the PosPayFileCounter formula to start at a certain number, rather then 1?
0 link