HomeTechnical Support » Error Messages

Error Messages

Access Violation Errors Messages in this topic - RSS

Nancy
Administrator

9/23/2014
Nancy
Administrator
We had added a delay in PrintBoss when accessing the user and machine registry to it a little more time to access files. You are on the latest version of software, which means you have that delay already turned on. I cannot think of anything else to try except to rename the Wellspring Software folder under Local Machine Registry and allow PrintBoss to recreate the settings. You may also want to try setting the PrintBoss application to always Run as Administrator. This setting is on the Compatibility tab when you right click on the PB32 Program and choose Properties under the start menu.
0 link
jgibso

9/3/2014
jgibso
Nancy wrote:
What version of PrintBoss are you running?
What is the operating system of the workstation and server?

Hi Nancy,
Currently on version 5.7.3.6 05-05-2014
Has happened on previous versions though aswell.
edited by jgibso on 9/3/2014
0 link
Nancy
Administrator

8/28/2014
Nancy
Administrator
What version of PrintBoss are you running?
What is the operating system of the workstation and server?
0 link
jgibso

4/29/2014
jgibso
We have this problem pop up about a third of the time. Can't figure out why. We'll just run PrintBoss again and it typically runs fine the second time.

I've run through all the steps that were provided and it still happens randomly. Full disclosure: I have not done the virus scanning suggestions. I can't see the virus software being the cause or else it should be happening all the time.

Are there any other suggestions?
edited by jgibso on 4/29/2014
edited by jgibso on 4/29/2014
0 link
Nancy
Administrator

8/1/2013
Nancy
Administrator
We have been investigating the Access Violation error. Thanks for the screen print. It's very helpful. Can you repeat the error and capture the PrintBoss Immdiate Printing Dialog window directly under the Access violation error? Also, would you please send the user's PrintBoss\Work file to support@wellspringsoftware.com? Please reference your post and provide the company's name. This will enable us to recreate the error here. If you need assistance with any of this, please call Technical Support and we'd be happy jump online with you and grab the files.
edited by Nancy on 8/1/2013
0 link
kamron

7/24/2013
kamron
I followed all of the instructions and we are still experiencing the problem when printing Order Entry confirmations in AccPac 5.6a.
Can you please help me?

Operating System: Windows 7 Pro SP1 64bit
Shared Folder Permissions: Full Control
Local Registry Permissions for CU\Software\Wow6432Node\Wellspring Software - Full Control
Local Registry Permissions for LM\Software\Wow6432Node\Wellspring Software - Full Control
PrintBoss Version: newest
Active Directory Rights: Domain User
Local Administrator?: No

Error Message:
Access violation at address 00BDC6D8 in module pb32.exe. Write of address 3810FAFC.

The messages comes up right after the Immediate Printing Dialog box pops up.

Attachments:
image001.jpg
0 link
Nancy
Administrator

3/28/2012
Nancy
Administrator
The top three causes of the Access Violation are:

1. Virus scanning software – Exempt the PrintBoss from any virus scanning software. Some extensions may need to be exempt as well.
2. Permissions issue – Verify the User has Full Control of the PrintBoss Home Directory.
3. Corrupted Registry Setting – See below.

Please follow these steps to check the Registry Settings:

1. Verify the location of the PrintBoss Configuration Settings.
a. Open the PrintBoss Master Application (PB32.exe).
b. Click on the Options menu and choose PrintBoss Driver Settings.
c. Verify 'Configuration settings Save Location' is set to 'Local Registry & User Registry (Standard)'. Continue to Step 2 if this is a match.

2. Verify the user has sufficient permissions to the Registry.
a. Return to the PrintBoss Master Application screen.
b. Hold down the Shift+Ctrl+P keys to open the Permission Analyzer.
c. The permissions for the Current User (CU) registry should be all capital letters.
d. The user only needs Read (capital R) permissions to the Local Machine (LM) registry once PrintBoss is installed.
e. Continue to Step 3 if 'c' and 'd' above are a match.

3. Rename the Current User and Local Machine registry settings used by PrintBoss and allow new settings to be created the next time PrintBoss is opened.
a. Close PrintBoss.
b. Run or open regedit.
c. Navigate to Current User\Software\Wellspring Software and rename the Wellspring Software folder by adding something to the end of the name.
d. Navigate to Local Machine\Software.
i. If this is a 64-bit computer, select Wow6432Node\Wellspring Software and rename the Wellspring Software folder by adding something to the end of the name.
ii. If this is not a 64-bit computer, select the Wellspring Software folder and rename the Wellspring Software folder by adding something to the end of the name.

4. Open PrintBoss to recreate the registry settings.
5. Reprint to PrintBoss and let us know the results.

If the error persists, then the corrupted resource used by PrintBoss is elsewhere in the operating system or general registry settings and will more difficult to find.
0 link