HomeTechnical Support » E-mailing

E-mailing

Rename Email PDF Attachments Messages in this topic - RSS

Nancy
Administrator

9/6/2013
Nancy
Administrator
First, you must be using PrintBoss Enterprise in order to be able to use EmailPDFAlias. Second, verify that your capture range is correct for DocDate. One way to do this is to view the document via File\Open Document Work file, Browse, View. Right-click and choose 'Insert an Object.' Choose Text. In the pop-up box, type your variable {DocDate} with a character or two in front, for example ***{DocDate}. If PrintBoss is reading {DocDate} the date will display on your document.
0 link
wibni

8/28/2013
wibni
I don't understand what I'm doing wrong here.
I've created a seperate form to email payslips.
On that form I capture the employee's email address in the variable EmailTo - this is working.

I also want to capture the date of the payslip and use it in the file name of the attachment.
For this I've created the variable DocDate, added it under runtime objects and set pre-process assignments to 'Special' on the Special Contents tab.

When trying to print the payslip the attachment is called Payslip_.pdf - the date is not shown.
What am I doing wrong?

#Assign DocDate, "", 11.200/0.900, 0.890/0.180, LRAWSV
#Assign EmailTo, "", 0.150/4.850, 1.627/0.080, LRAWSV
#Assign EmailPDFAlias, "Payslip_{DocDate}"
0 link
paula
Administrator

8/9/2013
paula
Administrator
Both can be in RunTime Objects when Pre-process Assignments is set to Special. It is generally best to keep all code for a particular function, such as Email, in the same area for trouble shooting. Otherwise, one line of code can get "lost" when it is moved to another tab.
0 link
Tom Wood

8/9/2013
Tom Wood
So if I set the pre-process assignment to special I can then have both on Runtime Objects? Or is it just better to move the Assign EmailPDFAlias to the footer objects? Thanks for the help as well.
0 link
paula
Administrator

8/9/2013
paula
Administrator
Correct. The DocDate assignment would look something like:

#Assign DocDate, "", 6.338-8., 8.309/.2, LRBAW

This assignment captures the date printed on the actual document, in this case the invoice. The PrintBoss Invoice form does not automatically include a DocDate assignment.

The {DocDate} variable will not work in the RunTime Objects tab as it is also assigned in that tab. You will need to move the #Assign EmailPDFAlias to the Footer Objects tab OR set the Pre-process Assignments option on the Special Controls tab to 'Special'.
0 link
Tom Wood

8/9/2013
Tom Wood
paula wrote:
Tom - If DocDate displays as the variable {DocDate}, either this variable is not assigned on the RunTime Objects tab of the PrintBoss Form, or the Enterprise edition of PrintBoss is no being used.

We are using the enterprise edition, and in the runtime objects I have the #Assign EmailPDFalias, but it seems you are saying there is another string needed to assign the {DocDate} Variable? Below is everything I have in the RunTime Objects tab of our PrintBoss.

#Assign EmailFromAddress, "tom@hbmintegrated.com"
#Assign EmailFromName, "Tom Wood"
#Assign EmailBodyFile, "{PBDir}\EMail\Body\Tom Test.html"
#Assign EmailTo, "tom@hbmintegrated.com"
#Assign EmailPDFAlias, "HBM Invoice {DocDate}"
0 link
paula
Administrator

8/9/2013
paula
Administrator
Tom - If DocDate displays as the variable {DocDate}, either this variable is not assigned on the RunTime Objects tab of the PrintBoss Form, or the Enterprise edition of PrintBoss is no being used.
0 link
Tom Wood

8/9/2013
Tom Wood
I am trying to get the DocDate variable to be part of the PDF name, however it does not seem to be working, I cannot figure out how to get the Variable to work in the PDF file, here is the command I am using to rename: #Assign EmailPDFAlias, "Invoice {DocDate}" but it does not show the date, it just prints Invoice {DocDate}.pdf instead.
0 link
Nancy
Administrator

7/25/2013
Nancy
Administrator
Yes, if you capture the data and create a variable, you can use the variable in the path. Note that PB has a variable called {DocDate} included and defined in most standard forms.
edited by Nancy on 7/25/2013
0 link
wibni

7/25/2013
wibni
Can it also include variables whcih I capture from the document, i.e. for payslips - the name of the month printed on the payslip?
0 link
Nancy
Administrator

5/3/2012
Nancy
Administrator
By default the name of the PDF file attachment is the same as the PrintBoss Form file name. However, PrintBoss Enterprise includes a feature to re-define the file name. The file name for the PDF attachment is entered on Footer Objects tab of the Form Editor with an assignment command and may include variables.

Two examples of the syntax for this assignment follows:
#Assign EmailPDFAlias, "Invoice from Wellspring Software, Inc."
#Assign EmailPDFAlias, "Invoice #{DocNo}"
0 link