HomeTechnical Support » General Questions

Anything Else

French Characters Messages in this topic - RSS

paula
Administrator

3/7/2013
paula
Administrator
Unfortunately the issue with the French characters is not consistent and can be caused by an unusual setting in the Regional Settings of the computer or by some other computer setting. The following are possible solutions based on our experience with this issue:
1. The crystal report fields cannot be set to Can Grow.
2. The data in the crystal report must be entered as a formula.
3. The issue can be caused by a corrupt computer Profile. Revert to a previous profile.
A fourth solution is to use the Capture Text as Graphics option in PrintBoss Enterprise. This option can be found on the Settings tab of the PrintBoss form. Select 'Text AND Graphics are captured' from the drop down menu, then check the 'Graphic Image' and 'Graphic Text' checkbox.
The downside of the last suggestion is graphic text cannot be assigned within the PrintBoss form. All assignments will need to be made in the crystal report. Also, the graphic text will not display properly in the Block Mirror section of a cheque.
We hope one of these solutions will solve this issue for you.
0 link
email submissions
Administrator

3/7/2013
email submissions
Administrator
Sent: Sunday, March 03, 2013 12:46 PM
To: PrintBoss Support
Subject: French Characters
Hello, I have two printers, one is Brother and the other one is Kodak.
When I print a cheque from ACCPAC, french characters are printing correctly, but when I use PrintBoss, I have a box instead of the french characters.
I do not know what kind of printer our customer is using. So, if I have the same problem on customer site, how do we fix it ?
0 link