HomeTechnical Support » Error Messages

Error Messages

Error - Access Denied trying to erase Messages in this topic - RSS

Nancy
Administrator

9/30/2013
Nancy
Administrator
This error # indicates that the user doesn't have permissions to do the activity. Often an "error code 5" message is given when attempting to access the configuration settings and the user doesn't have permissions to access the registry. If you have Windows7, try running the PrintBoss setup.exe again. This time, right-click and choose the option 'Run as Administrator." This may help. Also, an "error 5" is also found when attempting to do the workstation install if the user doesn't have permissions to install a local printer.
0 link
Winnie1962

9/30/2013
Winnie1962
I have Print Boss set up with Quickbooks. When I try to select the middle check confinguration, I receive an error message bottom error=failed to create key error code 5

The program will only print a bottom check and I use middle checks. Please help!
0 link
Nancy
Administrator

9/11/2013
Nancy
Administrator
Most likely, this occurs when there is an interruption in the process by your anti-virus scanning software. The document being processed (captured/renamed/deleted) in the PrintBoss Transfer folder is being stopped mid-processes so PrintBoss cannot continue. Try excluding the Transfer folder from your anti-virus scan.
edited by Nancy on 9/12/2013
0 link
jbrook

7/30/2013
jbrook
Hi,

I am not very familiar with PrintBoss. An error occurs when printing on of my forms but only sometimes, not very often. The error reads: Access Denied trying to erase C:\PrntBoss\Transferms2\Transferms6.$$$ File Capture Being discontinued.

Anyway I can stop this from occurring?

Thanks!
0 link