HomeTechnical Support » E-mailing

E-mailing

Display Company Name in Email Body Messages in this topic - RSS

Nancy
Administrator

12/6/2013
Nancy
Administrator
Sorry for the confusion. The wrong document was linked. It's fixed now. The document describes the three ways to link text from a document to a PrintBoss variable.

The first way is with the trigger. There are 7 data elements in the PrintBoss trigger. It is a formula in the Crystal report and cannot be changed. The order of the data is specific to the PrintBoss form used. All seven of the data elements do not have to be filled in and there are 'space holders' for the elements not used.

The second way is create a variable assignment in your form. This would be a text object that begins PB#Assign. As PrintBoss processes the document, it evaluates uses the assignment. The Training Note referenced earlier has a more indepth explanation.

The third way of creating a variable is to print the document to PrintBoss, view it and then look at the 'Raw Capture.' If you right-click on a data element on the captured, raw report, you can then assign a variable to anything found on that x and y coordinate of the raw report. Again, the referenced document has a complete explanation on how to do that.

If you have Support Contract, we are happy to answer questions and offer suggestions. We are also available to create custom PrintBoss forms if you have your own report that you want to print through PrintBoss. Just let us know.
0 link
Robert White

12/6/2013
Robert White
I'm sorry, I am very new at this product and I don't understand exactly how to 'capture' the value from the text. is this done in PrintBoss itself or is this assigned in the Crystal Report somewhere? I reviewed the link that you provided in the previous posting, but I just don't completely understand where to put the variables or how to capture the values? In that document it says that you need to have a statement such as #[C,2]ProcessPage «[Assigned, 'EmailTo']», but I don't see where I need to reference this.

Also, I see in Crystal Reports there are formula variables for PrintBoss(ie: PrintBossAmnt, PrintBossDocNo, PrintBossForm,etc.). Are these predefined variables or can i create variables of my own to reference in PrintBoss(ie: PrintBossCompanyName, PrintBossContactName, PritnBossCompType,etc.). If so, how do I reference these so that they could show up on my forms?
0 link
Nancy
Administrator

12/6/2013
Nancy
Administrator
In standard PrintBoss forms the variable {DocRecip} represents the document recipient. The variable {CompName} is typically used for the Company Name. {DocRecip} is always assigned, but {CompName} may need to be captured and assigned from the original text. Please see Assigning and Capturing Text in PrintBoss Forms for more information.
edited by Nancy on 12/6/2013
0 link
Robert White

12/5/2013
Robert White
How can I assign a variable in PrintBoss for the Company Name from AccPac? I have been able to output the Customer Number using the DocRecip variable, but I can't figure out how to output the company name in the email body.
For example, I would like to start the email with 'Dear XYZ Company', but right now I can only get it to say 'Dear XYZ01', which is the customer number.
0 link