HomeTechnical Support » E-mailing

E-mailing

Emailing, Outlook, and Request Profile Messages in this topic - RSS

email submissions
Administrator

4/16/2015
email submissions
Administrator
Thank you for clarifying this. I now understand what needs to be entered in the Emails Settings option so that the form command will take precedence. The E-mail Settings variable {EmailProfile} was the last piece of the puzzle that I could not find anywhere in documentation but now understand.

I think we now have it. I will be testing this and will contact you if there is any issue. Thank you again for clarifying this.
0 link
paula
Administrator

4/16/2015
paula
Administrator
Assignment in the PrintBoss Form always trump (overwrite) fields in the E-mail settings. We recommend using #Assign EmailProfile, "profile name" in each PrintBoss Form. Then enter the variable {EmailProfile} in the blank box under 'Request' on the E-mail Settings' SMTP/Mail Hosts tab. This works successfully with other clients.

Page 133 of the online PrintBoss Manual has an image of how the Outlook "Outbox" should look, though the {EmailProfile} radio button is not selected. It should be selected in your case.
0 link
email submissions
Administrator

4/16/2015
email submissions
Administrator
Thank you for your email.
I now understand what the Request option is meant for.

So I guess I am confused as it was explained to me, as I put in my original email, that if we are using the Outlook “Outbox” then using the #Assign EmailProfile setting in the PrintBoss Form will not be read. Am I wrong on this?

I swear I tested this with the PB Form setting as “#Assign EmailProfile, “Payroll” (as the Outlook Profile to be used is “Payroll”).
At the same time the Options -> E-Mail Settings -> Outlook “Outbox” Properties -> Profile Selection was set to “Use Default Profile.
The results were that the email was sent using the users default Outlook profile and not the “Payroll” profile.

Would you please clarify this.

Also if we are able to use the #Assign command in the PB Form then what is the correct setting for the E-mail Settings Outlook “Outbox” Properties option so that the PB Form command will take precedence at all times.

Thanks,
0 link
paula
Administrator

4/16/2015
paula
Administrator
The ‘Request’ option was originally designed only as a test to determine which Profile should be entered on the Email Settings tab. No one has ever asked to use this feature to dynamically choose a Profile for a batch of checks. Typically we suggest entering the {EmailProfile} variable in the blank box on the Outlook tab of the E-mail Settings and use #Assign to assign a different email profile in each PrintBoss Form. Will this solution work for your client?
Just to be clear, the PrintBoss Form overrides any feature set in E-mail Settings.
0 link
email submissions
Administrator

4/16/2015
email submissions
Administrator
I have some questions regarding PrintBoss Enterprise and Sage 300 ERP in regards to email using Outlook.
  • Sage 300 ERP 2014
  • MS SQL Server 2012 as the database engine
  • PB32.exe Version 6.00.6
  • Outlook 2014 using Office 365
In the PB E-mail Settings there are three choices for the Outlook “Outbox” Properties. These are:
  • Use default profile
  • Request profile
  • Specific profile

It is my understanding that –
The “default profile” option will read and then use whatever the Outlook default profile has been set to, if it has been set.
The “specific profile” will use whatever profile is specified in the field for all emails sent via PB
The “request profile” does request a profile to be chosen at the time that PB creates the email.

The issue we are having is that the Request profile option is requesting a profile be chosen for every email document in the “batch” being processed. An example of this is AR Customer Statements. If there are 40 statements created and they are all being emailed then PB requests the Outlook profile be chosen 40 times, once for every email.

Unfortunately we cannot use Specified as the client has the same employees performing different tasks that require emails to be sent using different “generic” email accounts. An example is one employee emails the payroll EFT advices, using an Outlook profile called “Payroll”, then creates AR Customer Statements, using an Outlook profile called “AR”, and so on. The same employee is using several different Outlook profiles and the corresponding Outbox for each profile.

It is also my understanding that the profile cannot be set-up in the form editor as we are using the Outlook Outbox. So the E-mail Settings override whatever is configured in the form editor.

Am I missing something or is there a way to have the “request profile” option only request the Outlook profile is chosen once and that this choice is used for all emails in the “batch” being processed. Or is there another way of having this work which I am not aware of. I cannot believe I am the first and/or only person who has run into this issue. So I am thinking there is a workaround of some sort but cannot find it.
Please let me know.
Thank you,
edited by email submissions on 4/16/2015
0 link