HomeTechnical Support » Configuration & Setup

Configuration & Setup

Network Installation Doesn't Create Work Files Messages in this topic - RSS

Paul

8/18/2011
Paul
I have the transfer file set to a local directory with full control over the directory. In the PrintBoss driver settings window I have a message that states "Screen is View Only: Current User doesn't have Local PC Admin Rights"

I am signed on as a user with domain admin rights so I am not sure where this message would be coming from or why.

Also, when I test the file transfer path I receive the following message:
"Transfer file C:\Transfer\UserName
Although the location is valid, the transfer file seems locked."

There's no file in the directory so ????

Any sugestions as to what is happening here?
0 link
paula
Administrator

8/16/2011
paula
Administrator
Work files are created when a file is printed to PrintBoss. Typically the work file resides in the Work folder in the PrintBoss Home Directory and the files are saved by Windows User Name. Each work station would have a unique work file based on the user’s login.

If a user prints to PrintBoss and there is no work file, this indicates the job failed prior to the work file stage. There are several things to check: 1) Verify the PrintBoss driver is properly installed and set to the nul: port; 2) Verify the user has Full Control of both the Transfer folder and Spool folder; 3) Verify the Print Spooler was restarted after the PrintBoss printer driver was installed; and 4) Verify the users have Full Control of the PrintBoss Home Directory.

The locations of the Transfer and Spool folders can be found under Options/PrintBoss Driver Settings. The default setting is ComAppData. Click on the Test button to determine the exact location for this shortcut. Prior to Vista, the location is C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Wellspring. The location for Vista and Windows 7 is C:\Program Data\Wellspring. Both the Application Data and Program Data folders are hidden by default. Adjust the folder settings to Show hidden folders. Permissions on the Wellspring folder should be Full Control, especially in Windows 7.
0 link
Paul

8/15/2011
Paul
I have set Printboss up on a server and done workstation install on several workstation. On some workstations work files are created but on others they are not and I cannot figure out why. Permissions appear to be identical and I have tried storing the work files on both the server and locally. Any suggestions as to why this is occurring?
0 link