Configuration & Setup

warning: "unable to create work database' Messages in this topic - RSS

paula
Administrator

10/30/2014
paula
Administrator
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2014 8:45 AM

This error typically occurs when the user does not have full control of the PrintBoss folder (Home Directory). Please verify the user has Full Control. The work file is created in the Work folder in the PrintBoss Home Directory.
Please click on the Help menu in PrintBoss and select About the verify the version of the PrintBoss being used on Windows 7. It appears xxxx updated their software in 2010, but we should verify they are using PrintBoss version 5.65.1 or above with Windows 7.
0 link
email submissions
Administrator

10/30/2014
email submissions
Administrator
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2014 10:27 AM
To: support@wellspringsoftware.com
Subject: PrintBoss with Sage 50 error
Good morning,

I’m a network technician emailing on behalf of xxxxx in Edmonton, who are users of PrintBoss software and Sage 50 ERP.
We recently switched a user to a different computer due to the Windows user profile being corrupted on her old system. I believe PrintBoss was previously set up on the computer that she’s using now, but for a different user. We’re having an issue on the new computer with PrintBoss printing from Sage 50 where we’re getting an error about Warning 134: “Unable to create work database” (see attached screenshots). I know this isn’t a lot of information to go on, but I wondered if you might have any insight as to the cause of this issue; whether it’s a problem with administrative permissions in Windows, Printboss/Sage setup, etc. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your time.
0 link