msmagone

all messages by user

6/14/2013
Topic:
Testing Postive Pay with QB_Chk4 form

msmagone
Hi -
I am using PrintBoss Express and understand that QB_Chk4 is the default form for all banks/clients that are setup. I had made a copy of this form and added positive pay. Now I would like to test it on a client before rolling it out into production. However, my understanding is the only way I can do this is rename the QB_Chk4 file, move my test form into "production" by naming is QB_Chk4, run my test and then rename the original when I am done. Is there any better way to do this so that I don't impact daily check runs? I suppose I could do this after-hours, but it would be nice to be able to test on a limited basis.
Thanks, Mike
6/17/2013
Topic:

msmagone
Thanks for the reply Nancy. I did go ahead and do an after-hours and successfully got the postive pay feature to work. However, we use multiple banks, hence I don't want a generate a postive pay file for every check run we do. Is the QB_Chk4 form the only option - I can't create multiple forms and assign to different clients/check runs?
Thanks,
Mike

Nancy wrote:
some clients will download a copy of the trial software to the local workstaion and use that one for testing.
6/18/2013
Topic:

msmagone
Thanks Nancy - although in this case I don't need to create multiple positive pay files, I just want to exclude creating a file for certain banks. Based on the link you provided, are you suggesting setting up a second positive pay file, but leaving it blank so that nothing is created?
Regards,
Mike